Video Length - 01:29
Blackboard's "adaptive release" function allows instructors to set pre-conditions (or rules) students must meet before gaining access to content. These rules can include date, membership, grade or review status.
- Navigate to the content item you wish to add the Adaptive Release rule to
- Click on the contextual menu and choose Adaptive Release from the drop down menu
- A basic Adaptive Release rule allows you to set availability based on the following 4 criteria: date, membership in a group, grade, and review status. These criteria may be used singly or together.
- Select a date and time for an item's availability to students (the same feature is available when you edit an item)
- Select usernames or groups of students whom you wish to see certain content (Remember to click Go to pull up members of the course, if you use the browse menu)
- Select a Gradebook Item, such as an exam. Then, select a condition for the item to be visible (i.e. if students received at least an 80% on Exam 1, the Word document will become available).
- Select another item that you wish the students to mark as reviewed, prior to gaining access to this item
- Click Submit