- Select the announcements link from the Details & Actions panel on the left side of your course.
- Enter a title for the announcement. The title has a 256-character limit.
- Enter your message. Use the options in the message editor to format text, embed multimedia, and attach files.
- Check Send an email copy to send a copy of the announcement to your students.
NOTE: You can't send an email copy for an announcement scheduled to display in the future. Announcement emails are always sent and aren't controlled by the global notification settings.
- Select Save to save your announcement as a draft. On the Course Announcements page, you can post announcements when you're ready.
You can also schedule announcements to post automatically in your course on the date and time you choose. If you schedule an announcement to display in the future, the email check box is disabled.