Video - 01:38
- Log in to Blackboard and click on your course among the list of "Courses in which you are participating" in the My Courses section of the opening page.
- Return to the section of the course where your instructor posted the assignment, and click on the View/Complete Assignment link:
- You will see the Upload SafeAssignment page. Scroll down to Section 2 on the page: Your Files. Optional: type a brief comment in the Comments box, giving your instructor details about the file you are submitting, then click on the Browse button to find your file:
- After you click on that "Browse" button, a dialog box will appear. Navigate to where you've saved the file that you want to submit to your instructor. When you find the file, double-click on the file name to select it:
- The path to your file will now be entered in the "File to Attach" window.
- Under Section 3, "Global Reference Database", you can submit your paper to Blackboard's global database, which means that if a student at another institution using SafeAssign copies your language too closely, SafeAssign will flag the instance and include the copied text as part of the "originality report," indicating that the passage was copied from your work. If you do want your paper included in the Global Reference Database, click in the square selection box in that section.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and click the button to send your submission to the server.
- Depending on how big your file is, SafeAssign will ask you to wait while your file is being uploaded. SafeAssign will confirm that your SafeAssignment has been "successfully submitted." Click on the button to return to the opening page for your course.