- Double check to make sure the batteries are not dead. When you hit a button, the LED light in the upper left corner should light up. If it does not, you will need to change the batteries. The ResponseCard ("Clicker") takes two coin cell CR2032 (3.0V) lithium batteries, which can be purchased in the UMBC bookstore.
- When a poll is open and the light turns red when you enter your response, your clicker is not on the correct channel. Check with your instructor to verify which channel you should be on. Then follow the steps below to change the channel on your clicker.
These instructions are for Turning Technologies ResponseCard RF clickers.
- Press the CH ←button in the lower left hand corner of your clicker.
- The light in the time right corner will flash red and green.
- Enter the two digit channel code.
- Press CH again.
- When the ResponseCard receives the new channel, the the light will turn green.
Source Article: How do I change the channel on my clicker?
Are you on the Faculty Member's participants' list?
- Make sure that you have registered your clicker ID on Blackboard.
- Check with your professor to ensure that your name and device are included in their participant list for that class. If your name is not on the list, your instructor may need to download a new participant list, or manually edit their existing list.
Is polling open on the professor's presentation?
- If it is not currently a polling slide, polling will not be open and you will not receive a green light.