The library currently has 4 free, self-service scanners near the Print/Copy/Scan Center on the first floor of the Library.
There are also 4 free, self-service iMac scanners near the Serials stacks on the second floor of the library.
The Digital Media Lab in room 216H has a high-quality 12" x 17" scanner with an adapter for negatives and mounted slides. Read more at https://library.umbc.edu/media/dml.php.
- Scan color or black & white images in multiple formats (.jpg, .gif)
- Scan text in rich text (.rtf) or Acrobat (.pdf) formats
- Simple instructions available -- no experience necessary
- Edit documents with Adobe Acrobat
- Edit images with Adobe Photoshop Elements (additional image editing software is available on the 2nd floor scanner stations)
- Save file to flash drive or CD, email it, or print it.
Need further assistance?
Chat with a Librarian
Rate this Article