Video - 00:53
The tool is most likely set to unavailable, which is the default setting.
Modify a Blackboard Tool Availability
- Click Customization from the Control Panel
- Click Tool Availability from the drop down under Customization
- Select the checkbox under the appropriate column based on your modification
- Available – The tool is available throughout the Course and open to all users that have a role permitting the use of the tool.
- Visible to Guests – The tool is visible (read‐only), but not usable to Guests when Guests are permitted in the course.
- Visible to Observers – The tool is visible (read‐only), but not usable to Observers when Observers are permitted in the course.
- Available in Content Areas – The Instructor can place a link to a tool in one or more Content Areas of the Course.
- Click Submit