- Log into your UMBC Gmail account.
- Click the gear icon in the top right corner and then go to Settings.
- Select the option at the top for Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- The first section is Forwarding:.
From there you can add a forwarding address by clicking the button Add a forwarding address.Please note, you will first be sent an email to confirm you own the address you have added.
Upon receiving the email, you will either need to click the link in the email or copy the confirmation code to confirm that you own the address.At this point, the forwarding set up is NOT complete.
- You now must go to back your UMBC Gmail and select the radio button next to Forward a copy of incoming mail to <your email address> and choose how you would like Gmail to handle the messages after they have been forwarded to the other account (e.g. delete the original, archive the original, etc.).
- Once you've completed this, you will need to hit Save Changes at the bottom of the page.