First, make sure you have installed the Microsoft Remote Desktop Client for Mac.
- Download the VMWare view client installer by connecting to the Virtual Desktop web portal and selecting Install VMWare Horizon View Client from the available options. You will be directed to a site from which you can download the most recent version of the VMWare client for MacOS.
- After downloading the VMware View Client installer, double-click it to install the program.
- Click Agree to accept the license agreement.
- Drag and drop the VMware Horizon View Client.app into the application folder on the new window.
- Close the window, go to Applications, and launch the VMware Horizon View client.
- Select Open on the popup, select Add Server, and type in virtual.vdi.umbc.edu and select continue.
- Provide your UMBC username and Password in the labeled fields and click Login.
- Double click the virtual machine(VM) pool you want to use.
- You should now be connected to a virtual machine.
Rate this Article