- From within your Box account, navigate to the folder you would like to change a collaborator's role in.
- On the right hand side of the page click on the collaborator's current permission level and a dropdown menu will appear. You can select the new role from this list.
- If you do not see the collaborator you are looking for select the View All button and you will be directed to a full list of collaborators. Then follow the same process outlined above.
- Confirm your selection when prompted and click Okay to complete the process.
- If changing the owner of a folder, the collaborator you designate will be the new Owner of the folder and the previous owner's access level will be downgraded to Editor.
- If you are transferring a private (manilla) folder's ownership, you will first need to invite the user you wish to transfer ownership to.