Connecting to eduroam using Windows 8 or 8.1 is not difficult
Navigate to the desktop and open the available networks window by clicking the wireless icon at the bottom right of the screen.
Look for the eduroam network and click on it.
- The eduroam window should drop down. Be sure that the box next to the Connect automatically option is checked if you want your device to remember the eduroam network. Then, click Connect.
- At this point, you will be prompted to enter your username and password. In the username space, enter email@example.com and in the password space, enter your myUMBC password. Then, click OK.
- A new window will pop up asking for validation to continue connecting. Click the Connect button.
- It should take a few seconds to verify and connect to the eduroam network.
- Once the connection has been established, the "Networks" window will reappear and you should see the eduroam network's status as Connected.