If you have a problem connecting to eduroam please follow the below instructions to manually add eduroam. These are same instructions for both Windows 8.1 and 10.
If you've previously tried to connect to eduroam, you may need to forget the existing profile before proceeding:
- Go to Settings (Windows + I keyboard shortcut)
- Select Network & Internet.
- Then scroll down and click on "Manage Wi-Fi settings."
- Then scroll down until you find eduroam, click on it, and then click on "Forget."
Manually Create the WiFi network:
Open the Network and Sharing Center
Click on the Windows Start button in the lower left corner.
Select Settings (Windows + I keyboard shortcut).
Select Network & Internet. The Status window will open.
Click Network and Sharing Center. This is the second link from the bottom of the page. The Network and Sharing Center window will open.
2. Click Set up a new connection or network.
3. Select Manually connect to a wireless network in the Set Up a Connection or Network wizard, then click Next.
4. Type the network name eduroam, select WPA2-Enterprise from the Security type drop-down menu, then click Next.
5. Click Change connection settings.
NOTE: If you receive a prompt saying the network already exists, try to "Forget" the network in WiFi Settings > Manage WiFi Networks, or attempt to use a different name.
Configure the WiFi network's authentication settings:
- Click the Security tab in the Wireless Network Properties window, then click Settings under Choose a network authentication method.
- Set the following Protected EAP Properties:Ensure Verify the server's identity by validating the certificate is checked.
- Check Connect to these servers, then type " radius.noc.umbc.edu".
- Check USERTrust RSA Certification Authority.
- Ensure Secured password (EAP-MSCHAP v2) is selected under Select Authentication Method.
- Click OK.
- Click Advanced settings button in Wireless Setup Properties window.
- Check Specify authentication mode, then select User authentication.
- Click Save credentials button, then enter myUMBC login credentials.
- NOTE: eduroam requires the user's myUMBC username followed by @umbc.edu, rather than just the myUMBC username.
- Click OK in all remaining open windows to finish setup.