Instructional Systems Design Intern
The Underwriters Laboratories Firefighter Safety Research Institute (FSRI), located in Columbia, MD is looking for an Instructional Systems Design/Development student intern to assist with the development of multi-media, interactive, on-line training programs for firefighters and fire investigators. The intern selected for this role will assist in creating eLearning courses and supporting online materials based on research conducted by UL’s Firefighter Safety Research Institute.
Responsibilities will include tasks involved in the creation of an eLearning course:
- Work with internal subject matter experts to define learning objectives and outcomes, identify content and create course scripts.
- Write eLearning content that is grammatically correct and free of typographical errors.
- Edit course audio and video files.
- Use e-learning authoring tools to design and develop interactive learning content
- Develop materials meeting SCORM compliance standards.
- The ideal candidate will be pursuing a degree in Instructional Design, Curriculum Development, Instructional Design/Technology, or a related field.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to apply sound training development principles and theories.
- Project management skills.
- A positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Microsoft office
- Graphics development
- Articulate Storyline
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Premiere Elements
- Audio editing software (Audacity)
- Knowledge of the fire service
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
UL FSRI is dedicated to increasing firefighter knowledge to reduce injuries and deaths in the fire service and in the communities they serve.