Moderators and presenters can upload certain types of content or share the desktop screen with participants. The new Blackboard Collaborate Ultra Experience performs best in Google Chrome browser.
- Upload GIF, JPEG and PNG images, PDF files, or PowerPoint presentations to your session.
- Select Add Files Here or drag a file into the box to upload it. Click Share Now when ready for participants to see the file.
- Collaborate with your students using the whiteboard. Open a blank whiteboard to draw or just jot down notes.
- Share your desktop or a software application to teach students about a particular topic. Whenever you move through the application or desktop, your students automatically follow along.
NOTE: Application sharing is not currently supported for screen readers in Blackboard Collaborate Ultra Experience. If you are using a screen reader, you can share files and a blank whiteboard with your participants. You cannot share an application.
- Select Share Files when using PowerPoint presentations of 60MB or lower. This gives you and your participants the best experience.
- Upload your PowerPoint and click Share Now.
- A slide navigator panel opens showing you all of your slides.
- Select a slide to start sharing it. Click the presentation name to open the slide navigator panel again at any time.
- TIP: Use Share Application, if your presentation has animations. Choose Entire Screen or make sure your presentation is in Present mode before sharing it as an application.
See → How do I share PowerPoint in a Collaborate session?
Sharing / presenting tools
See → How do I annotate a whiteboard or file in Collaborate?