You will need to create a Turning Account and purchase a license subscription from the UMBC Bookstore before you can register your clicker. Free migration licenses are no longer available to students.
Clickers and ResponseWare are registered through Blackboard.
- Log into Blackboard.
- Go into the course that will be using the clicker.
- Click the "Other Bb Tools" Menu Button on the left hand navigation column.
- Click on the "Register Your Clicker" tool.
- Login to your Turning Account.
- If this is your first time registering your clicker, you will open up to a splash screen prompting you to enter your clicker registration information step by step.
If you have logged into your account before, scroll down to the "Response Devices" section.
Enter in the Device ID that is found on the back of your clicker (see screenshot below) in the "Clicker ID" section and press Enter/Return.
(click image to enlarge)
Navigate to the "Subscriptions" area of the page.
In the Subscription Code box area type in the code that was provided to you either by email or from the bundle you purchased in the bookstore and press Enter/Return.
If you have successfully input all your information you should see a green check marknext to Subscriptions, Response Devices, and Learning Management System on your account homepage.
If the Learning Management System area has a yellow exclamation mark below it, you will not appear on your instructor(s) participant list and this could potentially affect your grades in certain courses. Please make sure you follow the steps above carefully.