On January 31, 2019, Blackboard released an update impacting the desktop application for TurningPoint Cloud and preventing instructors from importing their participant list. Users who tried to connect to the Blackboard integration received the error message stating the system is unable to connect to the server. To poll with the TurningPoint software this semester, users will need to download the patch version of TurningPoint Cloud or upgrade to TurningPoint 8. The instructions below explain how to import a clicker participant list from the patch version of TurningPoint Cloud.
If you have not downloaded the patch version of TurningPoint Cloud, please visit the following FAQ page How do I download the patch version of TurningPoint Cloud on my computer?
If you would like to upgrade to TurningPoint 8, please visit the following FAQ page: How do I upgrade to TurningPoint 8?
If you are using TurningPoint Cloud, you will:
- Click on the TurningPoint Cloud icon on your computer.
- Login to your Turning Account using the proper credentials.
- Select the Manage tab from the TuriningPoint dashboard.
- Select New from the Participant List menu.
- Select Download from Integration.
- Click on the Create List button.
- Select Blackboard SSO from the Integrations drop down menu.
- Enter the following server address:
- Click Connect
- Click on the log in to BlackboardmyUMBC button.
- Enter in your myUMBC user name and password and click Log In ( Users that have Duo enabled on their accounts will need to grant permission for log in at this step )
- Click Finalize Connection at the bottom right hand side of the screen.
- Select the class(es) that for which you would like to import a participant list.
- Click Import.
Note: You will need to update your participants list often as students will add, drop, and register clickers throughout the semester.
If you are using TurningPoint 8, you will:
- Visit the website https://account.turningtechnologies.com/account/
- Sign into your TurningPoint account
- Scroll down to "Available Courses"
- Locate the class you are teaching with TurningPoint 8
- Click "Connect"
Note: When you click connect, the course should move to Current Courses. In TurningPoint 8, your participant list is called a course. Once you have completed these steps, you should see your course in the desktop application for TurningPoint 8.