By initiating Profile Sharing you are managing your rights under the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Learn more about your rights and the Privacy and Release of Education Records.
- Log In to myUMBC
- Go to your Profile.
- On the left-hand side, select Sharing.
- Click the Share Profile button.
- Enter the email address of the person you'd like to share your profile with.
Note: You can use any email address, but the person must be able to log in with a UMBC, Facebook, or Google account.
- Select the parts of your profile you wish to share. You can change this at any time.
- Click Grant Access.
- You will see the email address under Pending Invitations and you can cancel the invitation if you made a mistake.
The person you specified will receive an email telling them they've been invited to have access to your profile. In the email will be a link they should click on that will take them to myUMBC and prompt them to log in with a valid account. Once logged in, they will be taken to your profile.