Instructional Design Intern
Maryland CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) Association is seeking an enthusiastic Instructional Design intern to join our team and assist with the implementation of a Learning Management System (LMS). This is an unpaid, minimum 10-week (120 hours) internship with a flexible schedule.
This internship will provide the opportunity to gain practical, professional work experience in the e-learning arena. The intern will collaborate with staff and outside professionals to create and promote online learning initiatives. The ideal candidate will have 1-2 years of instructional design, e-learning development or education related coursework. Content and courses created during internship may be used by intern as part of your portfolio.
Intern must be pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in instructional design, instructional technology, adult education, or related field.
Maryland CASA Association is a private, non-profit organization, incorporated in 1997 to facilitate the continued development and success of Maryland’s Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) programs to ensure that every abused and neglected child in the State has a safe, permanent home.
- Researching and outlining course content and creating content maps, converting existing instructor-led material or presentations to online format
- Researching and organizing information to write instructional materials such as reference guides, audio/video scripts, storyboards, navigational text, assessment, surveys etc. that transform complex information into interactive online instruction.
- Create and design course models using an authoring tool
- Assist with the publishing of courses to Learning Management System
- Assist in the development of courses completion tests and learner feedback
- Update content on existing courses
- Support the deployment of the Learning Management System and help to development users guide
- Assist learners with LMS or course related questions.
- Administrative duties including running reports, responding to learner questions, general LMS maintenance, etc.
- Must be currently working towards an undergraduate or graduate degree in Instructional Design or a related field.
- Must be willing to work a minimum of 10 hours per week (120 hours during semester). Hours are flexible but must be between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. any days Monday through Friday.
- Must have a basic understanding of instructional design best practices and basic knowledge of online learning either through coursework or experience.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn eLearning Authoring tools such as Articulate Storyline.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn Learning Management Systems, such as Litmos
To apply, click here or paste the following link into your browser: https://form.jotformpro.com/MDCASA/instructional-design-internship
Maryland CASA Internships: http://marylandcasa.org/intern-at-maryland-casa-association/