Blackboard Collaborate Ultra is continuously improved with new features, enhancements, tweaks, and fixes released regularly. All Release Notes are posted on Blackboard's support site with highlights gathered here:
July 2020 (upcoming)
- Private recording links
- Download poll results
- Share document camera
- Instructor access to download recordings without enabling participant access
- Whiteboard improvements: Easier to select and rotate items
- Supersize webinar to 500 people
- Share video in Chrome tab
- New & improved emoji support
- Additional browser pop-up notifications
- Share files with breakout groups
- Inactivity reminder / disconnect
- Custom polling questions
- Network connectivity indicators
- Native WebRTC-based support for users in Safari 11/12 & Microsoft Edge
- Native WebRTC-based support for Safari in iOS 11/12 in BETA.
- END OF SUPPORT FOR FLASH (IE 11 & Safari 10)
- Track attendance & push data to Bb Attendance tool
- Upload captions (*srt) to recordings
- See when someone is typing in chat
- Session timer
- Export session attendance reports as a CSV file
- Phone only-dial in (users will be anonymous)
- Edit recording names
- Application sharing bandwidth improvements
- Single menu for settings, feedback, status
- File conversion improvements to support screen readers & accessibility.
- Maintenance fixes for infrastructure improvements.
- Updates were postponed
- Renamed Participants to Attendees.
- Audio via phone does not require continued use of web browser after initial login for phone/PIN sync.
- Private chat is available to all Attendees (except phone) by default.
- Moderators can limit private chat via Session Settings.
- Enable Collaborate sessions for Bb groups
- Secure Recording Links
- Private chat tutorial
- Improvements to chat & breakout groups
- Mobile app
- Private chat
- Session support for up to 500 participants