If you've been administratively enrolled into Duo, you will be prompted with the Duo authentication screen when you sign in. If you've not been administratively enrolled but wish to sign up for Duo, please click here to learn how to opt-in before proceeding.
1. Log in to a UMBC application that requires WebAuth, for example, myUMBC.
We recommend using a different browser or private browsing session to perform this step.
2. After you've entered your username and password you will be presented with the Two-Factor Authentication screen.
3. If this is your first time enrolling a device, click the Start Setup button. Otherwise, select Add a new device.
4. Next, choose what type of device you're going to enroll. We suggest you initially enroll your mobile phone. You can add additional devices later. After that, click Continue.
We also recommend enrolling another method such as a landline number in case you need to reset or replace your mobile device.
5. Enter your mobile number on the next screen and click Continue.
6. Choose the operating system for your mobile device and click Continue.
|7. Confirm that you have installed the Duo Mobile Application and click I have Duo Mobile installed. If you do not have the app installed, follow the on-screen instructions to download the app to your phone.|
8. Activate Duo Mobile by scanning the QR code displayed on your computer screen using your phone’s camera. When the barcode is successfully scanned, a checkmark will appear over the barcode then click continue.
9. Once you see the green check, your Duo Mobile app should look something like this.
10. At this point, you can either enroll another device or click Continue.
DoIT STRONGLY recommends that you enroll a backup device such as your office phone or home phone.
Remember, if you only enroll one device, your mobile phone, and you don't have it with you, you'll be unable to login to many UMBC resources.
11. When you are finished with enrolling devices, click Continue to be presented with the Duo login screen.