We will be administratively enrolling all staff with elevated Peoplesoft access into Duo at the end of the year. If you wish to sign up before then, please click here to learn how to opt-in before proceeding.
1. If you have not already done so, download and install the Duo Mobile application for your platform (iPhone, Android, etc.). If you do not have a smartphone, skip this step.
2. Return to your computer, and log in to a UMBC application that requires WebAuth, for example, myUMBC.
We recommend using a different browser or private browsing session to perform this step.
3. After you've entered your username and password you will be presented with the Two-Factor Authentication screen.
4. Click the Start Setup button.
5. Next, choose what type of device you're going to enroll. We suggest you initially enroll your mobile phone. After that, click Continue.
We recommend enrolling another method such as a landline number in case you need to reset or replace your mobile device.
6. Enter your mobile number on the next screen and click Continue.
7. Choose the operating system for your mobile device and click Continue.
|8. Confirm that you have installed the Duo Mobile Application and click I have Duo Mobile installed.|
9. Activate Duo Mobile by scanning the QR code displayed on your computer screen using your phone’s camera. When the barcode is successfully scanned, a checkmark will appear over the barcode then click continue.
10. Once you see the green check, your Duo Mobile app should look something like this.
11. At this point, you can either enroll another device or click Continue.
DoIT STRONGLY recommends that you enroll a backup device such as your office phone or home phone.
Remember, if you only enroll one device, your mobile phone, and you don't have it with you, you'll be unable to login to many UMBC resources.
12. When you are finished with enrolling devices, click Continue to be presented with the Duo login screen.