Once the Ultra Experience is enabled at the course level, the interface and workflow changes may feel dramatic, but they greatly simplified and fully responsive on all devices. Tools are contextual to reduce clicks and content appears in the course using peek layers.
A. Navigation bar: Open frequently used tools in one step. Select an icon to check the course calendar, respond to class discussions, access the course gradebook, and send a message.
B. Add content: Select the plus sign wherever you want to add content.
- If you want to copy or import content, select the More options icon next to the Books and Tools link. Ultra courses can only import or copy from another Ultra course.
- In a new, blank course, use the functions to add content, such as Create and Upload.
C. Details & Actions: Manage your course with these options:
- Roster: View your class list or send messages to anyone involved with your course.
- Course availability: Open your course when you're ready for students to participate.
- Course Room: Access Blackboard Collaborate. A purple icon lets you know when there are users in the room.
- The Course Room will not be visible while your course is set to private.
- Attendance: Track attendance using Blackboard's native tool.
- If you want to use Qwickly, you'll need to set that up separately.
- Announcements: Create or schedule course announcements for all course members to view.
D. New activity: Activity indicators appear for conversations and discussions.
Finding Your Ultra Course
Users can identify an original and an Ultra course from the course list. In this example, Professor Jones has three courses:
If the bar on the left of the course listing is gray, the course is original.
- In this example, two of Professor Jones' courses are original.
If the bar on the left of the course listing is in color, the course is Ultra.
- In this example, one of Professor Jones' course is Ultra.