Your profile is the place to edit information attached to your persona. Your profile appears with some information, and you can't delete your profile. UMBC decides what you can customize.
If video does not start at profile picture steps, please jump to 0:29.
- In the list where your name appears, select your name to access your profile.
- Select the arrow next to one of the profile information types, such as Full Name. A new panel appears.
- Make changes. Your information is saved as you type it.
- Cancel or X erases your changes and closes the panel.
Uploading a User Picture
Your profile picture appears on course content pages, course cards, rosters, and in the activity stream, discussions, and messages next to your activity. Instructors can see student profile pictures throughout courses such as in the gradebook and discussions. You can store one image file in your profile.
- Point to your initials, generic silhouette, or picture and select the pencil icon to upload, change, or remove an image.
- In the panel, select Upload new profile picture to browse for your picture on your computer. Or, you can drag a file to the Upload area.
- Your image is automatically saved. Close the panel to return to your profile.
Remove or replace your image: Upload or drag in another image. To return to your initials or generic silhouette, select the Delete this picture icon to delete your existing image file.