Note: If off-campus, you will first need to connect to the VPN.
Log into the Cisco Self-Care Portal with your UMBC username and password by visiting: http://phone-portal.umbc.edu/. If you do not have a UMBC username and password, you can request a "Self-Care Portal username" and password by clicking on "REQUEST HELP" on the side of this page.
To set up speed dial numbers on your Cisco VOIP phone, log in to the Cisco Self-Care Portal and follow these steps:
- Click the Phones tab.
- Click Phone Settings.
- Click Speed Dial Numbers.
- Do the following:
- If your phones are linked, click Add New Speed Dial.
- If your phones are not linked, select the phone for which you want to add the speed dial number, and then click Add New Speed Dial.
- In the Number field, enter the contact's name or phone number.
- In the Label text box, enter a description for the speed dial number. Your phone will use the description to display the speed dial number.
- In the Speed Dial text box, assign a speed dial number.
- Click Save.
Note: If the phone you are changing is a shared telephone set, more than one person can be set up to modify the speed dial buttons.