- You must have a caption file for your Collaborate recording. If it is 15 minutes or shorter, see this FAQ -> How do I request my Panopto video be transcribed?
- Collaborate can use both SRT and VTT caption files.
- Log into your Blackboard Course.
- Access Collaborate via Course Tools -> Bb Collaborate Ultra
- Access Recordings from the Collaborate dashboard -> How do I access and download a Blackboard Collaborate recording?
- Find the recording you want to caption. The recording name always begins with the session name unless you changed it.
- Open the Recording options and select Add caption source.
- Browse for the SRT or VTT file and upload it.
- Click Submit to save.
Overwrite or Disable Captions
Recordings with captions have a Closed Caption options menu. Open that menu if you want to overwrite or disable the captions.
- From Recordings, find the recording you want.
- Select the Closed captions options menu.
- To Overwrite the caption file, select Overwrite caption source. Browse for the SRT or VTT file and upload it.
- To Disable the captions, select Disable.