Students may receive past due notifications for Blackboard assignments and discussion board activities when those graded items are not yet due. This is a known issue related to several potential factors:
- Past due email notifications are being sent and received despite the notification type being set to off, and the submission is occurring before the due date.
- When a due date is added to an Assignment after a student has completed it, the student may receive a past due notification.
- Students are receiving overdue notifications on gradable discussion boards submitted before the due date. The item is completed, but it still appears as "past due."
- In a few rare cases, past due notifications might be sent for deleted journals or to students who have dropped a course.
Notifications cannot be disabled.
- Users can modify how and when they get notifications until this issue is resolved.
- Users can disregard the overdue notice if they are certain they have submitted the work early.
UMBC has opened a case with Blackboard support: BtBB #03962443.