FMP Consulting (FMP) is a leading management and strategic consulting firm. With extensive expertise in both the government and private sectors, our knowledgeable and experienced staff have served as outside experts and trusted collaborators across a variety of clients. Beginning with the firm's founding in 1991, FMP has embraced the core values of partnership, flexibility, and service. These values form the foundation of our approach and guide us in every aspect of our work.
In the last three years, FMP has been named one of the top workplaces in the D.C. area by the Washington Post. We are committed to fostering a collaborative and inclusive work environment while providing excellent service to our clients.
We are currently seeking a mid-level Learning and Development professional to join our growing Consulting team.
As an L&D Consultant at FMP, you will have the opportunity to:
- Serve as a key player on Learning and Development project teams to include the management of all contractors, budgets and the efficient allocation of work.
- Develop and apply technical expertise across adult learning theory and design principles (ie. ADDIE, SAM, experiential learning) for all learning and development projects.
- Work collaboratively with clients and teams in the analysis, design, authoring and production of engaging and effective instructional materials.
- Assist in the development of course materials that are functional, intuitive, informative, and consistent with sound instructional design principles.
- Develop and provide recommendations for interface design, sequencing of instruction, use of assessments, and design of course materials and activities.
- Determine instructional effectiveness of course materials that are developed.
- Work with subject matter experts and identify target audience’s training needs.
- Conduct instructional research and analysis on learners and contexts.
- Support other human capital projects as needed to include workforce planning, organizational assessment, etc.
- Be part of a high performance culture that values client service, freedom, and collaboration
- Rapidly grow in a constantly evolving and entrepreneurial environment
Position openings for this role are contingent on current or anticipated client needs. Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
All qualified applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
A Bachelor's degree in Adult Learning, Instructional Design, Organizational Development, Psychology, Human Resources, or related field, and 4-8 years of relevant work experience; OR a Master's degree in similar field and 2-6 years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated experience in the full spectrum of ADDIE for instructor-led, e-learning, and blended learning initiatives
- Training development and delivery experience
- Expert project management skills
- Proven ability to gather learning requirements and conduct front end analysis
- Strong research skills (e.g., subject matter expert interviews, independent online research) and demonstrated ability to distill information into work products (e.g., technical training content)
- Desire to grow the instructional design talents of more junior team members through mentoring and coaching
- Demonstrated skill in:
- Oral and written communications
- Developing positive, professional relationships with team members and key client stakeholders
- Balancing multiple priorities and tasks
- Problem solving; analysis; critical thinking
- Report writing and document preparation
- Detail orientation
- Using Microsoft Office Applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Demonstrated expertise with e-learning development tools such as Articulate, Camtasia and Captivate
- Knowledge of federal government human capital and/or management practices
- Related professional certification
- Active security clearance