Position: Sr. Instructional Technologist (JOb ID 12761)
Company: Johns Hopkins University
Location: Baltimore, MD (Homewood Campus)
Description: The Sr. Instructional Technologist supports the mission of the Center for Educational Resources (CER) to partner with faculty to extend their instructional impact by connecting innovative pedagogical strategies and emerging digital technologies. The Center for Educational Resources is an instructional innovation center supporting faculty and graduate students of the Krieger School of Arts and Sciences and Whiting School of Engineering. The Sr. Instructional Technologist will be the primary person responsible for leading the strategic use of educational technology in undergraduate programs, with a specific focus on the local course management system (CMS). The CMS currently used by faculty is Blackboard.
- Designing, developing, and facilitating various modes of CMS training (face-to-face, online, and hybrid) and teaching technologies that integrate with the CMS.
- Monitoring progress for participants in training sessions.
- Conducting formative and summative evaluations of the training programs and modifying the programs as needed.
- Researching and evaluating technologies that complement the CMS and support faculty’s instructional goals (e.g., Turnitin, Panopto).
- Consulting with and recommending unique solutions to address faculty’s instructional goals.
- Providing project management for instructional innovation projects funded by internal grants (e.g, Technology Fellowships).
- Providing one-on-one follow-up support to faculty via email, phone, face2face consultations, and web-based conferencing.
- Strategizing with academic departments how the course management system can support curricular programming.
- Designing and developing new training materials and revising existing support materials including tutorials, technical documentation, and Johns Hopkins’ CMS user support website.
- A bachelor’s degree in instructional design, instructional technology, education, or related field required. (Masters degree in any field highly desirable)
- Five years’ experience working with higher education faculty as an instructor, trainer, or consultant, or other related experience in distance learning, online learning management systems, and emerging technologies required.
- Additional education may substitute for experience, and additional experience may substitute required education to the extent permitted by the JHU Equivalency Formula.
- Knowledge of Blackboard or other course management systems.
- Project management experience.
- Enthusiasm for, and experience in, independent, “self-starter” work environment.
- Working knowledge of online pedagogy, best practices, and adult learning principles.
- At least one year of experience developing courses or training with online course management tools.
For Additional Information and to Apply Visit: https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Sr_-Instructional-Technologist-MD-21218/515446200/