C1: Course Development Team- Instructional Technologist Job Description
Position Name: Contingent Instructional Technologist, 12-month contract position
Unit: BMGT-Dean-Office of Transformational Learning
The Instructional Technologist works collaboratively with faculty and staff to develop course sites in a Learning Management System (LMS), specifically Canvas by Instructure.. As a member of a dynamic and highly skilled instructional design team, this individual may also assist with quality assurance checks, minor video editing and support for other multimedia content. In addition, this individual may coach others on the use of various education technologies, including, but not limited to, presentation, podcasting, screen and video capture, and interactive multimedia. We are looking for an efficient and organized individual who can leverage cutting-edge instructional design to support strong learning outcomes for students. The Instructional Technologist will be a member of the Office of Transformational Learning in the Robert H. Smith School of Business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Duty/Responsibility (1): eLearning Development:
- Assist in effective implementation of instructional technology features within the learning management system as prescribed by the instructional designers on the team.
- Coordinate with video and graphics personnel to leverage rich media and input these into the learning management system.
- Assist faculty with the implementation and troubleshooting of their Canvas course sites.
- Work with existing transcripts to draft video scripts, breaking down complex topics into clear, concise language that is easy to understand.
- Consult with faculty to develop instructional technologies for activities such as evaluation, presentation, live meetings, streaming video and learning management tools.
- Learn minimal use of eLearning software (e.g. Adobe Captivate and Articulate Storyline) to incorporate pre-made eLearning activities into course sites.
- Ensure that video and digital materials adhere to curriculum standards and instructional design principles.
- Create documentation on various instructional technologies that support the instructional mission of the school.
- Stay current on eLearning best practices and industry trends.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications Required to Perform Work
- Bachelor’s degree and significant coursework in education, instructional technology, media, graphics or related field.
- Highly proficient computer skills to include MS Office Suite and learning management systems.
- Ability to learn new technologies
- Experience in collaborating with teams and clients to manage expectations.
- Excellent English-language verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, superior organizational skills, self-direction, and motivation a must.
- Driven by standards of excellence and committed to continuous improvement.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize, and meet strict deadlines.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Preferred Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in HTML, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Premiere, and Final Cut Pro.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer satisfaction: exceptional skills in collaboration, communication, customer support, and time management.
- Experience using and supporting a wide variety of animation and multimedia development tools such as Final Cut Pro, Audacity, Camtasia, Kaltura, SlideShare, and PowToon.
- Demonstrated expertise in or proclivity for learning tools such as Captivate and Storyline to create sophisticated adaptive learning content.
To apply: email Jennifer Hoeritz at firstname.lastname@example.org