If you wish to have your chosen name read aloud at Undergraduate Commencement, please contact the Registrar’s Office after applying for graduation. The Registrar’s Office will ensure that your preferred name is listed in the commencement program and on your commencement floor pass. 

If you contact the Registrar’s Office closer to the ceremony to make this request, there is no guarantee that your chosen name will be listed in the commencement program. However, the Registrar’s Office can reissue you a new floor pass with your chosen name listed instead. This floor pass will replace the one issued with your legal, given name and will be used by the Commencement Readers at the ceremony. If you have already been issued a floor pass, please bring it with you to be exchanged.

In order to accommodate this request, please contact the Registrar’s Office shortly after applying for graduation

  • No labels