Position: Learning Experience Designer
Company: TekSystems Inc. (https://www.teksystemscareers.com/)
Location: Hanover, MD
Description: Our Professional Development team offers targeted customized learning strategies focused on keeping employee skills sharp, productivity high, and exceeding the needs of our customers. We design innovations that meet the needs of the modern learner and incorporate the best of current and emerging design thinking, including beyond the classroom innovations, bite sized learning, and on-demand learning.
- Partner with the Program Manager to ensure training programs support business drivers, objectives, and motivators that are aligned to the mission, values, and goals of our organization.
- Serve as a credible and trusted advisor to leadership and peers on effective and leading edge learning and development strategies to achieve business goals.
- Determine key development needs to achieve desired business outcomes.
- Collaborate with leadership, subject matter experts, peers, and the eLearning & video team to create innovative and immersive learning solutions focused on addressing the performance need and enabling success.
- Design micro learning strategies to drive engagement and close immediate knowledge gaps (e.g., video, animation, virtual instructor-led, social learning, gaming, infographics, on the job training).
- Develop instructionally sound materials with performance support solutions for a variety of topics and applications.
- Analyze content and extract relevant information that addresses the performance need and conduct additional research to fill in any content gaps.
- Structure and organize content in a way that is easy to process and engage the learner with writing, story-telling, scenarios, layout, imagery, feedback, self-discovery, and activities that are applicable to the learner’s real world.
Team Player, Consultative, Creative Thinker, Learner Centric, Collaborative, Innovative, Detail Oriented, Problem Solver, Researcher, Proactive, Flexible, Work Ethic, Commitment & Passion for Learning and Instructional Design
- 3 - 7 years instructional design experience.
- BA Degree in Instructional Design, Educational Technology, Instructional Technology, Adult Education or related discipline.
- Established track record for using a consultative approach to design & deliver innovate learning solutions with measurable business results that meet stakeholder needs.
- Credible resource for adult learning theories, leading edge instructional design methods (e.g., micro learning strategies), & measurement of training effectiveness.
- Experience designing programs for a global audience.
- Ability to create self-directed learning experiences that deliver knowledge in short, focused, on-demand content segments(e.g., video, animation, social learning, gaming, on the job training).
- Conceptually and intuitively understand how adults learn. Know how to connect with an audience on an emotional level and imagine oneself as the learner.
Additional Information and to Apply Visit: https://careers-teksystems.icims.com/jobs/7899/learning-experience-designer/job?mobile=false&width=1140&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-300&jun1offset=-240