- If you have not done so already, you must first request publishing access to the UMBC FAQtube YouTube channel. Once you’ve been granted access, you can proceed to step 2.
- Log in to YouTube using your myUMBC username and password.
- Check the top right-hand corner to make sure your channel is set to UMBC FAQTube.
- If it is not, click Switch account to select it.
- Click the Create a Video icon
Click Select files to upload to select your screencast file or drag and drop your screencast file from your computer to the upload screen.
Click here to learn how to use Panopto to record screencasts.
While your file processes, enter a short, descriptive title for your screencast, as well as a description.Note: It’s always a good idea to make sure your description includes a link back to your FAQ article. Click here to learn how to get the tiny URL for your FAQ article.
- Click Publish.
- Once your screencast is published, navigate to your newly uploaded screencast on the channel.
In your FAQ article, copy the Video ID from the video’s URL and paste it where it says ‘<insert video ID>’ in the URL templates found in the Show Me section of the FAQ Article template. We’ll use these to create a linked thumbnail to the video.Copy the Thumbnail URL, and click on the Insert menu to select Image.
- Select From the Web and paste the Thumbnail URL.
- Click Insert.
- Now copy the Video Link URL.
- Click the Thumbnail image you just inserted, and select Link.
- Paste the Video Link URL in the Link field, and click Insert.
- You can now delete the URL text for both the Thumbnail and Video Link
- Once you’ve finished your FAQ article, click Save to save your changes.