Peace Corps ISD Intern
Period: Anticipated to be 150 hours, with 12-20 hours/week.
We are seeking an ISD intern to join our Knowledge and Learning (KLU) team within the Office of Staff Learning and Development (OSLD) at Peace Corps and lead an e-learning project. Our team’s mission is to empower the Peace Corps to work smarter through accessible content and learning experiences.
The business has identified a gap in the current face-to-face training which has led to critical delays in pharmaceutical procurement. The desired new global training course will delivered via e-learning in order to efficiently and effectively onboard employees around the world new to the role of pharmaceutical procurement.
With guidance and support from two seasoned ISDs focused on e-learning the intern will:
- Develop an interactive e-learning course for overseas staff on pharmaceutical procurement
- Collaborate with subject matter experts.
- Create job aids, checklist, and digital content.
- Assist the e-learning team with customer training of the learning management system (Moodle)
- Perform quality checks on e-learning and related course deployment support.
- Evaluate course success and document e-learning course delivery and support practices to be continued and improved overall.
- Participate in team meetings, and performs other duties as assigned related to e-learning, staff learning and development.
This opportunity will provide the intern the experience of building a global e-learning course. Not only with the intern learn how to consult and confer with subject matter experts, they will also be expected to perform testing with the global audience. Additionally, the intern will learn how to build a course within Moodle.
The student internship is unpaid but we are able to offer transit benefits. We anticipate the time commitment to be about 10 hours/week and will need at least 4 hours/week onsite, but have some flexibility to offer after hours and remote work. All interns are required to complete a basic background check, and will be asked to submit documentation of their ability to work in the United States.
To apply for this internship opportunity, please send a cover letter and resume to:
Marion Rawson, firstname.lastname@example.org. In the cover letter, please state why you are interested in an internship, the dates you are available, and the days and hours during the week you’d prefer for your work schedule.