If the course you are polling with is listed under the Active Courses tab on the Courses page, follow steps 5-6.
To upgrade to TurningPoint 8:
- Sign into your TurningPoint account using the browser: https://account.turningtechnologies.com/account/
- On the Courses page, click on the "Blackboard" tab
- Locate the class you are teaching with TurningPoint 8
- Click “Select”
Note: This will move your course from the Blackboard tab to the Active Courses tab
- Download the desktop application for TurningPoint 8 Install by visiting the following link: https://www.turningtechnologies.com/downloads/turningpoint-desktop/
Note: You will need to complete a form to begin downloading the application. Fill the form out accordingly with your myUMBC email address.
- Once the download is complete, sign into your account
Note: You will need to create an offline password. This can be the same password as your TurningPoint account.
- Once you sign into your account, you will see the class you connected from the browser displayed in the desktop application
Warning: Not backwards compatible
Please note that TurningPoint 8 is NOT backwards compatible. For example, an instructor who uses TurningPoint 8 on the lecture hall computer will notice their slides will not work if their personal device is using TurningPoint Cloud. Anything created in TurningPoint 8 cannot be used in older versions. However, anything created in older versions of TurningPoint can be brought into TurningPoint 8 and slides will work successfully. UMBC lecture halls currently supports TurningPoint 8.