To upgrade to TurningPoint 8:
- Uninstall TurningPoint Cloud from your device
- Sign into your TurningPoint account using the browser: https://account.turningtechnologies.com/account/
- Locate the class you are teaching with TurningPoint 8
- Click “Connect”
- Download the desktop application for TurningPoint 8 Install by visiting the following link: https://www.turningtechnologies.com/downloads/turningpoint-desktop/
Note: You will need to complete a form to begin downloading the application.
- Once the download is complete, sign into your account
Note: You will need to create an offline password. This can be the same password as your TurningPoint account.
- Once you sign into your account, you will see the class you connected from the browser displayed in the desktop application
Warning: Not backwards compatible
Please note that TurningPoint 8 is NOT backwards compatible. For example, if an instructor has TurningPoint 8 on their desktop and goes into a lecture hall with a podium computer that has TurningPoint Cloud, it will not work. Anything created in TurningPoint 8 cannot be used in older versions. However, anything created in older versions of TurningPoint can be brought into TurningPoint 8 and slides will work successfully. At this time, UMBC lecture halls currently supports TurningPoint Cloud.