Installing the Creative Cloud desktop app
These install instructions are for UMBC owned devices only. The Creative Cloud desktop app is required since it gives you access to install, manage, and update Adobe software. For installation issues, please refer to Section A in the Adobe Creative Cloud installation troubleshooting guide.
Go here to determine your Mac's chip/processor (Intel Macs have a Processor with Intel its name; non-Intel Macs have a Chip without Intel in its name). After that, download the correct installer for your Mac’s chip/processor:
- Adobe Creative Cloud for non-Intel Macs
- Adobe Creative Cloud for Intel Macs
- After downloading the installer, click on it to expand it (a new folder will be created that has the same name as the installer you downloaded).
- Once expanded, open the folder that was created and go to the Build folder where you will find the installer file (CCDesktopAppMac_Install.pkg or CCDesktopAppMacSilicon_Install.pkg).
- Control-click the installer file and select Open.
- Click Continue in the following 3 windows to proceed.
- Click Install to start the installation (If it prompts you for it, type in your Mac’s password and click Install Software).
- Click Close to complete the installation.