Installing the Creative Cloud desktop app
These install instructions are for UMBC owned devices only. The Creative Cloud desktop app is required since it gives you access to install, manage, and update Adobe software. For installation issues, please refer to Section 1 in the Adobe Creative Cloud installation troubleshooting guide.
- You must first determine the version of Windows you have (64-bit or 32-bit) since a 64-bit Adobe package will only install on a 64-bit version of Windows and a 32-bit Adobe package will only install on a 32-bit version of Windows. If you already know what version of Windows you have, then continue to step 2. If not, this guide will show you how.
- Download the Creative Cloud desktop app (download links are on the right-hand side of this page).
- Right-click on the file you downloaded and select Extract All to unpack the installation files.
- When the extraction is complete, open the folder that was created and double-click on the InstallCC batch file to begin the installation.
- A command prompt and some installation windows will appear as it installs (you may need to respond to some prompts by the installer or by Windows to continue with the installation).
- Click OK to complete the installation.