Although Respondus Lockdown Browser is a customized browser for taking tests, you must access your test information through Blackboard.
- If you are using Internet Explorer, please check your browser settings with the Respondus browser checker.
- Before you take your test with Respondus Lockdown Browser, please make sure you have the latest version of Respondus Lockdown Browser installed -- this link is custom to UMBC. Please do not install any other version of the LDB except the one for UMBC.
- Please allow these trusted sites / domains in your web browser's security setting and to any security software running a firewall:
You should also allow pop-ups on these domains.
- Temporarily disable any spyware or antivirus detection software that may interfere with the Lockdown Browser.
- Turn off any instant messaging or screen capture apps.
Finally, please follow the appropriate workflow for your course:
- If your course is using the Ultra Course View, please allow Blackboard to open the Lockdown Browser.
- If your course is using Original Course View, launch the Lockdown Browser first, then log into Blackboard and access your test.