- Access your Ultra course and select the gradebook from the top right menu.
- Click the purple (+) to add a Calculation.
- Name the calculated column – for example, Total Points Earned – and set the column's visibility so students can see it.
- Select Total from the Functions & Variables column.
- Expand the Total variable and select categories and/or individual assignments to tally up the total points earned in the course.
- Click the Validate link above the Functions & Variables column to test your calculation. If it is configured properly, you will see a green check mark.
- Click the purple X in the top left corner of the panel to close.
You can mix categories and assignments in a Calculation. Anything earned by the student in these categories or assignments will feed into this calculated total.