The overall grade is a calculated item that you build to show students a running tally of all the items that you grade and post.
- Access your Ultra course and select the gradebook from the top right menu.
- Click the black button that says "Set it up" to set up the overall grade.
- A new panel will open. On the left side, choose how the overall grade is calculated from the dropdown menu:
- Gradebook item weights: If you choose Gradebook Item, Ultra will display all of the graded activities in the course.
- Grade category weights: If you choose Category, Ultra will display all of the categories and the graded activities assigned to those categories.
- Click the gray symbol on the right side of an item or category to remove it from the overall grade. The line will fade and the symbol will turn purple.
- Adjust the percentage for each item or category to calculate the overall grade.
You cannot mix items and categories in the overall grade. You can mix categories and assignments in a Calculation. See → How do I create a Total Points Earned column in the Ultra gradebook?