At this time, Ultra announcements cannot be sent automatically as email. We have requested this feature and we will keep the campus posted when it is available.
- Click on the Messages icon in the upper right toolbar of your course.
- Click the Add Message icon by clicking the (+) in the upper right corner to create a new Message.
- In Recipients field, select All course members to send the Message to the entire course.
- Use the first line of your Message to replicate the subject line of your Announcement.
- Copy/paste the body of your announcement into the body of your Message.
- Check the box to Send an email copy to recipients.
- Click SEND.
What students will see
Students will receive an email from you that says "Instructor's Name sent you a new message in Your Course Name"
If the student has notifications set to receive announcements via email, it will look like this:
Notifications are personalized to the user so there is no guarantee that a student will receive an announcement via email.