In the Ultra Course View, each course has one default grading schema. You can't create separate schemas at this time. However, you can modify the default schema to use pass/fail or complete/incomplete, which can then be applied to a specific assignment.
Pro: You can use an alternative method to display a grade to students
Con: You can't show score/points as a grade to students, but you can show percentage or letter grade.
- Access your Ultra course and select the gradebook from the top right menu.
- Click the gear icon to access the gradebook settings.
Select the schema's name – Letter – to open it.
The Letter schema is the default in an Ultra course. However, converting an Original course to Ultra might reset this schema to Incomplete/Complete. If this is what you want to use, then leave it alone.
- Click on the "Letter" title to edit the schema title. There is a 64-character limit.
- Press ENTER on your keyboard to save.
- Click YES to the pop-up message "Are you sure you want to change your schema? All current grades will change." when prompted to confirm the change.
- If needed, modify the grade values and grade ranges as needed. NOTE: This will apply to the ENTIRE gradebook.
- Click SAVE.
- Click the purple X in the top left corner of the panel to close the gradebook settings.