- Access your Ultra course and create a Test.
- Provide a clear name for the Test so students can easily find it among your course content.
- If you don't add a title, "New Test" and the date appear in the content list.
- If you add no content, the test won't appear on the Course Content page.
- Create the Test by selecting the plus sign to open the menu and make a selection.
- Choose a question type or reuse questions and content from existing assessments.
- Add files and text, such as instructions for the assignment.
- Set the due date, number of attempts, point value, set a time limit, and availability for the Test. Modify advanced settings by clicking on the gear icon.
- A panel layer will open on the right. Adjust various settings as the Assignment requires. For example, you can randomize questions and/or answers or collect submissions offline.
- Under the Grading & Submissions section, adjust the Test's category for the gradebook. You can also choose whether students should see correct responses after the Test.
- At your desire, you may add a time limit, assign to groups, or enable the Lockdown Browser.
- Click DONE to save.
- Begin building your test:
When you create a new test, select the plus sign to open the menu and select a question type. You can also reuse questions and content from existing assessments, or use question pools. If you add questions to a test, you can't enable anonymous or parallel grading.
The Test Content area opens where you type the question and answer choices if required, such as for Multiple Choice questions. Questions have a default value of 10 points. Select the Points box to type a new value.
You can use the editor to add a variety of tools to add content to your question. To add more questions, hover your mouse over the gray bar to find the purple + to add content.
At this time, you can create these question types in tests and assignments in the Ultra Course View:
- Fill in the Blank and Fill in Multiple Blanks
- Multiple Answer
- Multiple Choice