All new VoiceThreads are automatically captioned. Users do not need to do anything at all to initiate the process. As soon as a VoiceThread recording is saved, the captioning process will begin. Captions typically appear in 10-15 minutes, depending on the length of the recording, but global demand during COVID-19 support may increase this processing time. Once a caption has been added to a slide or comment in VoiceThread, you can edit it to make changes or correct any mistakes using the following steps.
- Open your VoiceThread.
- Turn on closed captioning by clicking on CC → en-US from the top-right corner of the VoiceThread.
- Select the comment you want to edit.
- Click the CC button within the comment.
- Click Edit Captions.
- Once the caption editor opens, you can make manual changes to the text.
- Remember to SAVE your changes before closing the editor.
- Click OK to close the editor.
Once saved, those changes will be visible in the VoiceThread instantly.