All new VoiceThreads are automatically captioned. Users do not need to do anything at all to initiate the process. As soon as a VoiceThread recording is saved, the captioning process will begin. Captions typically appear in 10-15 minutes, depending on the length of the recording, but global demand during COVID-19 support may increase this processing time. Once a caption has been added to a slide or comment in VoiceThread, you can edit it to make changes or correct any mistakes using the following steps.
Automatic captions are applied to NEW VoiceThreads. Previously created VoiceThreads do not receive automatic captions. The workaround is to make copies of older content, which will be captioned as VoiceThread will consider the copies to be new content. Please review VoiceThread's documentation.
- Open your VoiceThread.
- Turn on closed captioning by clicking on CC → en-US from the top-right corner of the VoiceThread.
- Select the comment you want to edit.
- Click the CC button within the comment.
- Click Edit Captions.
- Once the caption editor opens, you can make manual changes to the text.
- Remember to SAVE your changes before closing the editor.
- Click OK to close the editor.
Once saved, those changes will be visible in the VoiceThread instantly.