VoiceThread uses Identities to manage user accounts. Identities allow you to record comments under different images and names. Use this feature to go by different names in different conversations (“Professor Math” vs. “Steve”), to create a role-playing VoiceThread, or to categorize your comments by their content (use an “Instructions” Identity, a “Feedback” Identity, an “Assessment” Identity). You can create as many Identities as you need, but all Identities are still tied to your VoiceThread account and email address.
You can create as many Identities as you need, but all Identities are still tied to your VoiceThread account and email address.
- Log into VoiceThread.
- Click on your UMBC email address in the upper right corner of the VT home page.
- Select My Identities from the menu.
- By default, you will have one identity. The name is populated by UMBC's authentication system.
- Click the pencil icon to Edit the default Identity.
- Click Upload from Computer to browse for a new picture from your desktop or laptop. You can also use your webcam to take a picture.
- Click Save.